It’s fall, friends! I’ve been a bit MIA on both my blog and social media. Occasionally you just need a break. I spent a lot of time with friends, on my Peloton and outside enjoying the beginning of this season. Here’s a recap:
What I Bought:
Well, I have an announcement! I’m excited to share I’m now a part of Reward Style. You probably know this as liketoknow.it – my favorite way to shop via blogs and Instagram. I’ll be linking products through this platform going forward. You can search for “mpronspies” in the app and follow me! Here’s a few things I grabbed in September:
- This rust skirt from American Eagle – perfect for game day with a tee or with tights this winter.
- This belt from Target that I can’t believe I’ve waited so long for. I’ve been doing a ton of Peloton and need a belt now 🙂
- I also snagged this tie front shirt at Target when everything was 20% off. It’s super soft and my first “wintery” purchase.
- My roommate and I headed to Vintage Market Days in Elkhorn in the middle of the month, which was so much fun! They provided me with tickets to come shop. I visited Nomad Wax Co – my favorite local candle shop – and got a new air freshener for my car. If you haven’t checked out Melissa’s store at Gateway, October is the last month to try out the pour bar!
Where I Traveled:
At the beginning of September, I traveled to Colorado with a group of 10 friends for the Husker football game. We stayed in an Airbnb in Nederland, which was about 30 minutes from Boulder. We made it a little bit of a vacation, which was fun.
While in Nederland, we had dinner at a great BBQ restaurant and wood fire pizza place. We also got to hike Rocky Mountain National Park the Friday before the game. After lots of miles uphill, margaritas and steak tacos were devoured.
My sweater is linked here, got this in August!
What I Watched:
Even without MoviePass, I’m still thriving at going to the theatre and watching movies.
- This month I saw Hustlers, which I’ll give 4/5 stars. I would say rent it vs. see it.
- I went to Good Boys with a friend – OMG DIED. Really hilarious movie.
- On Netflix, my roommate and I binged Unbelievable. Worth the watch. It’s a slow build until about episode three.
- On YouTube TV, I watched Schitt’s Creek Season 5. Still one of my favorite shows, after Handmaid’s Tale. So opposite that, but SO funny. It’s out on Netflix October 10.
What I Read:
Since my last recap, I’ve read four books:
- Surfside Sisters is Nancy Thayer’s latest summer novel and it was AMAZING. I just know it’s going to be one of my top books of 2019. Usually Thayer’s books are light and this had so much depth. I was happily surprised at how drawn I was to finish this and how much it stuck with me. Click the link and read the Goodreads review (plus you should follow me) for details.
- The Lost Girls of Paris was a great historical fiction pick. A woman finds a suitcase in a train station with 12 photographs inside and is determined to figure out who the women in the photographs are. It turns into a huge WWII twist and is definitely a page-turner.
- My next read was The Turn of the Key by Ruth Ware, the author of The Woman in Cabin 10. This book was my Book of The Month pick. It was intense and I finished it in two hours. I’m a fast reader, but this just had me stunned. The woman in the novel finds an ad for a live-in nanny and one of the children ends up dead. The story is told by her letters to a lawyer while she’s in prison for a murder she didn’t commit. If you’re looking for a weekend read, this is it.
- Lastly, I read such a great novel, Things You Save in a Fire. I don’t usually lean toward feel-good reads, but man, this was one I couldn’t put down. It’s not actually about a fire, rather, a female firefighter and her journey. It’ll also make my “best of 2019” list.
Fall, football season, gloomy weather and sweaters. Man, I’ll be a happy camper. I’ve got a lot happening at work I’m excited for and also some Peloton workouts on my bookmarked list that I can’t wait to do. Have a great rest of your week!
Take a look back a previous monthly recaps here.