It’s actually so fun to look back at last October and see all that’s happened in four seasons. It’s crazy how much has changed – and how much has stayed the same. I just got my 2020 planner in the mail last week and can’t wait to look back at 2019.
As usual, below I’m sharing my monthly recap – all the things I bought, want to buy, movies, eats, my favorite posts & more!
What I Bought:
I wasn’t actually planning on buying any new clothing items in October, but I ended up staying in Omaha for three days during a work event and had to run to Target. They have this new brand, Prologue, that I think I’m obsessed with for work wear! Everything is very sleek and in solids. I snagged this button-up jacket that’s great for the winter season because you can wear it inside. I also got this leopard top. It’s a X, but it’s cute with skinny black pants and the sleeves were the right length on me. It’s now on sale!
Where I Traveled:
I didn’t travel out of state, but I did head to Verdigre, Nebraska for a wedding. It was one of the most fun weddings I’ve been to. Verdigre is in an area where there is horrible cell service, so no one was on their phones all night, and I honestly think that played a part in why it was so fun! Everyone was really enjoying themselves.
What I Watched:
I mean, even though it was October, I started watching Christmas movies on Netflix and Hulu. Here’s what I watched:
- Christmas in the Heartland (4/5)
- Girlfriends of Christmas Past (5/5)
- A Cinderella Christmas (5/5)
- Santa Girl (2/5)
Show-wise, I watched Good Girls on Netflix and it was AMAZING. One of the funniest, best shows I’ve seen. I definitely recommend it.
What I Read:
I read two books in October. I’m currently sitting at 29/32 books for my 2019 reading goal. I might actually lower my goal next year to 30. I love to read, but I don’t want to make it as much about a goal – more about enjoying the books.
- Elin Hilderbrand released her latest novel in her mini-Christmas series and I got it for my Book of the Month (sign up here). What Happens in Paradise was a happy read, but I found it very engaging still. I definitely recommend checking this series out if you have some reading time over the holidays.
- The second book I read is definitely one of my top books of 2019. It left me in tears. The Things We Cannot Say by Kelly Rimmer is a historical fiction novel, and if you read The Nightingale, you’ll love this one.
My house sale officially closes in November! I’m excited to start on a few painting projects on my new house and relax knowing I’m only doing yard work on one 🙂