Sharing my October 2020 recap – including why you haven’t heard much from me, a great Wal-Mart purchase, what I read and lots more!
Well, October wasn’t quite what I expected. If you follow me on Instagram, you know I spent half the month in quarantine after contracting COVID-19 and being down for the count. As I expressed there, I had more than mild symptoms, and it was not a fun few weeks. Luckily, I was able to enjoy the first half of the month and accomplish a few things.
What I Bought:
- These Amazon handles to modernize my kitchen cabinets.
- Another Amazon find, this tie dye beanie for under $15
- The best fall/winter hiker boots from Wal-Mart. They still have a few sizes left online!
- This plaid shirt, also from Wal-Mart
- My boyfriend purchased me these tie dye Lululemon biker shorts on sale online now!
What I Watched:
You guys are going to be concerned about my sanity if I share everything I watched in quarantine. I basically just lived in my room with my Roku/boyfriend’s Apple TV and devoured everything new on every possible app. I’ll do a summary of the good ones:
- Love Life. One of my favorite bloggers, Grace Atwood, recommended this series and it was SO GOOD. It’s a feel-good show with Anna Kendrick, a young 20-something professional living in NY and navigating her dating life. 10/10 recommend.
- The Witches. Anne Hathaway convinced me, but I wouldn’t say I loved this cheesy movie. The end had me slightly weirded out. Warning: Kids may think they can be turned into mice forever.
- Holidate. You can’t not enjoy this little started-with-terrible-family-Christmases debacle.
- Emily in Paris. I’m not going to even make a description. You know you watched it. Had mixed opinions. Still would watch some episodes again.
- Moneyball. If you haven’t seen this movie, I really enjoyed it for a movie night in with my boyfriend! Would also be a good one with your parents around the holidays!
- American Barbecue Showdown. Ok, suuuuuper random but I LOVED THIS. I got really into it. So much to the point that I ordered BBQ from a local place. It was sub-par compared to this show.
- The Mandelorian: Definitely something you might think I wouldn’t like, but SO good. I have always enjoyed the Star Wars movies.
- Mr. Mercedes: Watched the first episode of this, and now I want to pay for Peacock so I can finish the series…
What I Read:
I read two great books in October! The first was the third book in Elin Hilderbrand’s “Paradise” series, Troubles in Paradise. 5/5 stars, and I think the best of the series. These are great winter reads if you’re looking for something over the holiday season. Second, I read Someone We Know by Shari Lapena. I needed a thriller, and this one was definitely it. It’s a novel told by a woman whose son has been sneaking into houses – and into home owner’s computers, and learning information about them that may or may not come back to bite him. 4/5 stars.
Favorite Peloton Classes:
Most of my Peloton classes this month were meditation, as I spent a lot of time sleeping -haha! I did, however, finish up Cody Rigsby’s XOXO, Cody series on 10/13. Definitely recommend this ride – and the whole series!
Speaking of Peloton, if you missed it, I also posted about why I’m keeping my Peloton bike and not going to the Peloton+ Bike.
Favorite Posts on MP:
I need to get a jump start on my holiday shopping… I feel like I’m behind already. I don’t have any plans aside from staying in and watching a few Christmas movies on Netflix and making Zuppa Toscana soup! Have a great month!