Sharing an October monthly recap – all the things I bought, want to buy, movies, my favorite posts & more!
What I Bought:
- I purchased my 2019 planner and I am stoked! Prep week starts December 3rd and I’m sure it’ll come fast!
- My skin has been breaking out more than usual, and I thought getting new makeup brushes might help. I got this Morphe brush set and it’s such a steal! This is my first experience with Morphe, and the prices are surprisingly low for the quality. I also snagged this bronzer/highlight compact.
- I needed a new pair of jeans for business-casual days at the office, and I found these at The Buckle for under $60. I love that they have a frayed hem, but no rips.
- Coming up on the blog next week: all of my finds from the Gordmans new store opening! Their clothing selection was AMAZING. I found great designer brands for low prices.
3 Items In My Shopping Cart:
- I desperately need a new winter work coat. I’ve broken the zipper on both of my last finds – so I’m thinking it’s time to splurge for quality. What are your thoughts on the J. Crew cocoon coats? Worth it?
- Nicole snagged a pair of boots like these at Gordmans last week and now I’m telling myself I need some 😉
- Holiday events, anyone? I love this skirt instead of a dress for parties and weddings.
Where I Traveled/Ate:
I didn’t travel anywhere aside from many trips to Pierce, Nebraska, where my family is from. I was there for a cousin’s wedding and back for my grandma to have an outpatient surgery. I also went to a few Pierce football games – small towns are my fave.
A few fun things I did:
- Fremont had their first Fall Festival. My girlfriends and I shopped at Fia+Belle and I found the comfy sweater in the picture above.
- I went to Mulhall’s for their Christmas Opening. I LOVE all of their home decor and the holiday stuff just instantly makes you happy.
- I ate at Taco Smack in Fremont for the first time – I would definitely recommend it! I had two very authentic tacos with pico de gallo. My friend and I ate for $14, total!
Movies I Saw:
I saw three movies this month:
- A Star is Born – Everyone I know LOVED this. I thought there were a few slow parts, but Lady Gaga was amazing. Definite Oscar winner. Rating: 8/10
- First Man – I actually preferred this over A Star is Born. I love movies that are shot from a different perspective, and this had me almost dizzy at times. Rating: 9/10
- Halloween – Don’t laugh, but I saw this twice. Once on a girl’s night and another time on a Tuesday $5 movie night. I actually was a huge fan. It was just as good the second time. Rating: 8/10
Netflix/Hulu Series I Watched:
Okay… I re-purchased Hulu. That lapse lasted a month! I watched two shows in October: Young and Hungry on Netflix and Younger on Hulu. Younger is one of the best shows I’ve ever watched (my opinion). It’s funny, full of drama and keeps you guessing.
Favorite Blog Posts of the Month on Margaret Paige:
Favorite Posts of the Month:
8 Things To Do At The Beginning of Every Month – Brighton The Day
November Tech Backgrounds (download these!) – The Every Girl
Finding Balance This Fall – Gal Meets Glam
My bathroom remodel is almost ready to happen. I hope to conquer tearing down all of the wallpaper, paint my vanity + add new hardware, and decide on flooring. October is my favorite time of the year. Because everything I said above was so focused on de-stressing, I encourage you to take time for yourself, like I’m trying to do. Fall is the perfect time to stay home and rejuvenate.