Sharing my November 2020 recap – prepping for the holidays, favorite finds, a good book recommendation, and more!
What I Bought:
- First, I bought this magnetic “frame” for my Mapiful print from Amazon. Turned out great, and much easier to put together than a frame.
- This year I did real garland on my mantle, and it turned SO perfect (see picture above). I purchased it at my local garden center, but here is a similar faux version.
What I Watched:
Unlike last month, I have a bit smaller watch list for November.
- The Queen’s Gambit on Netflix: I didn’t expect to love a show about chess as much as I did! I think because this is completely different than anything else out there, I was intrigued. It has a very different, compelling storyline, and even if you know nothing about the game (like me), you’re still entertained.
- Law and Order SVU on YouTube TV: SVU started a new season, so of course, I divulged in weekly episodes! So far, it’s very timely with controversial topics: BLM, the pandemic, etc.
- Real Housewives of SLC on YouTube TV: I have been waiting for this show to premiere for a few months! I find the Mormon practices/lifestyle so interesting, so this has been a weekly favorite as well. Because The Bachelorette isn’t really keeping me on my toes, this is giving me my dose of drama.
What I Read:
I’m very behind on my reading goal for 2020; however, I’m giving myself grace, because it was a bit of a crazy year. In November, I finally read my previous month’s Book of The Month pick, The Unraveling of Cassidy Holmes by Elissa R. Sloan. It was an interesting storyline. One of the members of a pop girl group (very much Spice Girls-esque) commits suicide, and the book dives into her backstory: how she joined the group, the struggles they went through as they rose into fame, failed relationships, and how she “unraveled.” If you are a 90’s baby like me, you’re familiar with the Britney, Christina, etc. era. This roped me into reading this, and it was a decent book! I gave it 3/5 stars.
Favorite Peloton Classes:
I still haven’t gotten back into a consistent cycling rhythm. I’m hoping to work on that more in December. I’ve done 190 rides, so next month will be my 200! I am excited to hit that milestone and know that I completed 100 rides quicker than last time.
I got back into Ally Love’s “Sundays with Love” series, and did three of these classes. I did the last one live, and that’s always so fun. They’re so upbeat and uplifting and really conclude the weekend on a good note. I also did two of Cody classes, and this is a good one if you’re looking for an intervals and arms workout with equal arms and bike time.
As a reminder, you can follow me on the app with my username, NebraskaMeg, and use my referral code of THFUJ6 to get $100 off your Peloton purchase.
Favorite Posts on MP:
I haven’t shared any gift guides this year because I don’t want to spoil the gifts I’m giving! I’m excited for Christmas and spending time with loved ones (after quarantining of course). Happy Dec!