Sharing a July 2018 recap – all the things I bought, watched, ate, where I traveled and more!
What I Bought:
I found some of the cutest shops in Wayne, Nebraska this month! I love this tank I got at IKT. I also found some blue and white dishes (swoon) at an antique store. 1912 Emporium had fun, rustic home decor and I purchased a housewarming gift for my parents there. If you haven’t checked out Wayne, it’s worth a day trip!
I purchased this sweater on the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale, but UGH it was awful. Returned.
3 Items In My Shopping Cart:
- I’ve had my eye on espadrille sandals for months and I’ve finally found the perfect pair! I need these for game days and my upcoming trip to Chicago for the Create & Cultivate conference!
- Speaking of game days… this $8 top is tempting. I have a lot of friends who are on a SheIn kick lately.
- Lastly, you all know I love Glo Skin Beauty products. Since the Kate Somerville line of exfoliators is wayyy too expensive for me, I have my eye on this exfoliant.
Where I Traveled/Ate:
I dog sat for a week, so I got to live in Omaha! I wanted to take this time to try a few new places, but really I ended up just enjoying some favorites.
Trader Joes: I grabbed the Turkey Meatballs and Garlic Fries – I cannot wait to make dinner this week! I always love running into Trader Joes when I have a chance. Their pre-made salads (pasta salads included) are THE BEST.
Coneflower Creamery: Ironically my parents were at Ted & Wally’s while I was at Coneflower – big debate on which line was busier for a Saturday night 😉 I loved the cherry crumble ice cream flavor.
Voodoo Taco: Bad experience at Aksarben. I love the one at Nebraska Crossing, but this was a miss. They forgot our queso for like 20 minutes :/
Coffee Shop Challenge Update:
So, I visited 3 coffee shops in July! My list is still ever-growing, but it’s a start!
- Blue Line Coffee – I had a blended something. It was sub-par. The atmosphere in this Dundee location is very stop-in-and-leave. It was also really hot inside. I wouldn’t recommend this one for someone wanting to get any work done, but it was a good spot to meet a friend.
- Roast – I had a DELICIOUS iced vanilla latte after the Aksarben Farmer’s Market. I would definitely recommend Roast for coffee or the cute environment.
- While on the way to Wayne, we stopped at Red Door Coffee in West Point. This has a drive through or you can sit inside, and there’s plenty of room to work or study! I had something with peanut butter – it was a specialty coffee – and it was great! This is a stop on the NE Passport App you have to try!
Movies I Saw:
Everyone cross your fingers that MoviePass doesn’t go away forever! Me typing this will probably make it happen – haha! I saw just two movies in July.
- The First Purge – Wow. This was too realistic for my preference, but it was really intense and had a good story line. Rating: 6/10
- Mamma Mia! Here We Go Again – This was cute, but all of the sudden the mom comes back and I was just so confused because I hadn’t seen the first movie. I also didn’t feel like there was much of a plot or a build up to anything. Rating: 5/10
Hulu Series I Watched:
Last month I shared that Season 3 of Unreal was up… now Season 4 is! I would definitely recommend watching this if you’re a fan of The Bachelor!
Favorite Blog Posts of the Month on Margaret Paige:
Favorite Posts of the Month:
This month is going to be SO BUSY! I’m in a wedding this weekend, headed to Minneapolis the following, the Create & Cultivate Conference in Chicago on the 25th, and then The Ozarks for Labor Day! WHEW.