Happy Holidays, friends! I’m a last-minute shopper. I’m actually a last-minute person for most things in life! I love the pressure and the timeline. Gifts, though, are kind of hard to be on-point if it’s last minute. This week I’m going to (try to) bring you a gift guide DAILY.
Today I was thinking. A few of my friends are recent new homeowners, and gifting for them has been fun! As a first time homebuyer myself, I feel like you’re always needing something (In case you missed it, here are my first time home buying tips).
In October, I hosted a “fall”/housewarming party for a group of close gals and they got me the sweetest gift of gold wine glasses, a wine cork and -of course- a bottle of my favorite wine. So, I’ve compiled my gift guide for the new homeowner. Some of these are definite needs and some are more fun – like the wine!
- Shop-Vac: A definite need for someone with their first garage, fireplace or just small space! I can’t say how many times I’ve used mine (weekly!).
- Succulents: My best friend in Dallas mailed me a package of four succulents when I moved into my new home and I LOVE them. They’re easy to take care of and are currently sitting in my kitchen window 🙂
- Utensil holder: I’ve given this as a gift multiple times. You can’t go wrong with a new one!
- Gold stemless wine glasses: As mentioned above, my friends went in on a gift for me of a set of four gold wine glasses. They’re a great addition to my bar cart or a shelf on display in the kitchen!
- Corkscrew: How fun is this? I like the case for the screw so you can put it in a drawer and find easily.
- Moscow Mule Glasses: I found these on sale. I gave my prior mentor in Chicago a set of these and he loved them! They’re a great gift for either gender.
- Recipe Box: My officemate got me this when I moved in to my new home! I love the box and the fact that it’s tin. It’s indestructible!
- Doormat: I did a good amount of my Christmas online shopping from Uncommon Goods and they have the most hilarious stuff.
- Cookbook: This is actually one of my favorite cook books. It incorporates a lot of healthy foods, but also things to divulge in. Plus, 99% of people love Chrissy Teigen.
- Throw blanket: This is $15.99 and will match ANY living room!
- Candles: My favorite candle brand; these last an INSANE amount of hours.
- Grocery List Pad: I have two of these and they’re awesome because they’re magnetic! They hang on your fridge easily.
- Coasters: Square coasters here and circular initial coasters here
- Decorative Towels: I see this brand of towels ALL over and they’re so funny + they wash easily.
- Cutting Board: My pineapple cutting board is great for cheese or the marble side for cutting something heavier.
- Steamer: THE BEST THING ON THIS LIST. Everyone needs a steamer. I can’t tell you how many times I’ve had to run over to a friend’s house to lend them mine (this exact one). If you’re in your mid-twenties, you’ll have tons of weddings and events in the next few years that this will come in so handy for!
Shop all of the items from the links above OR click on them below! What’s on your gift giving list for the home?