Sharing my February 2021 recap – keeping up with my Peloton PowerZone Challenge, enjoying good food, and reading two new books.
What I Bought:
February was a month where I didn’t do a ton of shopping! I purchased a cute bomber jacket from a local boutique, You Look Good, I also grabbed a new pack of Kitsch masks, which I’ve found to be my favorite. They’re breathable and 3/$12.99 at Ulta.
Fremont had their monthly Estate Dispersal Store sale, and I stopped by on the first day. I purchased a vase to spray paint matte white for my fireplace! I haven’t done it yet…but maybe this weekend.
Where I Traveled & Ate:
For an early Valentine’s Day/late birthday celebration for my boyfriend, we went to Fleming’s in Omaha. We tried “Tomahawk Tuesday” and it was phenomenal.
I ate at the new restaurant in Fremont, Oysteria Kayla, with a friend and had the absolute worst experience. We had to wait more than an hour and 20 minutes for an appetizer, I was served the wrong meal (and not apologized for it), given the most disgusting bread I’ve ever tasted, and to top things off – the waitress brought my salad after my entree when she realized she had forgotten it. I recommend you all steer clear. I was super disappointed because I absolutely loved Pepper Grinder, the restaurant this chef had previously.
What I Watched:
We got very into Modern Family on Peacock! We’ve loved having Peacock as a streaming service and I would definitely add this to your list to watch with your significant other.
We also watched the Cecil Hotel documentary on Netflix, so creepy.
On regular TV, I finished out Season 1 of RHOSLC. I am just so into their absurd lives, and the Mormon culture is fascinating to me because it’s unfamiliar.
What I Read:
I read two books in February! I have multiple items from the library right now, so I’m hoping to do a lot more reading in March.
- The Wife Upstairs by Rachel Hawkins. This book reminded me a lot of Behind Closed Doors. It was slightly predictable, but incredibly suspenseful. I gave it 4/5 stars and I would recommend it!
- One by One by Ruth Ware. So I really loved The Turn of the Key and The Death of Mrs. Westaway, but this one fell short for me. It’s about a group of social media executives who are “vacationing” at a remote chateau and experience an avalanche and multiple murders while they’re in isolation. It sounds like it would be really drama-filled, but it is very drawn out. I gave it 3 stars, but I’m really leaning towards editing it to 2. Skip it.
Favorite Peloton Classes:
Gosh, 2021 is my Peloton year! I beat last month’s cycling challenge of 153.2 miles with 159.5 miles – WOW. I hit week six of a Power Zone Pack 8-week challenge. I continued with my consistent workout routine, as well as started planning my workouts in advance.
Here were some of my favorite rides:
- Cody Rigsby’s 30 Minute Pop Ride from 2/16/21 – Cody had COVID-19 and now he’s back and stronger than ever before. Lots of Britney!
- Jess Sims’s 20 Minute Glutes & Legs Strength from 1/15/21 – Not TOO challenging, but felt the burn the next day!
- Matt Wilper’s 45 Minute Power Zone Max Ride from 9/2/20 – This ride had great R&B/rap music – up my alley!
As a reminder, you can follow me on the app with my username, NebraskaMeg, and use my referral code of THFUJ6 to get $100 off your Peloton purchase.
I am painting my kitchen this weekend! Just a fresh coat on the walls. Very excited, though, and hope it helps my oak cabinets be less orange 😉