Everything I Watched in Quarantine: Ranked
In October, I tested positive for COVID-19. I spent many days in my bedroom, quarantined from my roommates. I had moderate symptoms, so I really did spend a lot of time laying in bed, binge-watching TV shows. My boyfriend even brought over his Apple TV so that we could check out a few new ones. I know many of you may be in a similar situation, or maybe you’re just quarantining before you see family for the holidays, so here’s an important guide: Everything I watched in quarantine, ranked from worst-best. Note: I am not including anything I truly disliked!
- The Witches on HBO Max. Anne Hathaway convinced me, but I wouldn’t say I loved this cheesy movie. The end had me slightly weirded out. Warning: Kids may think they can be turned into mice forever.
- Mr. Mercedes on Peacock. Watched the first episode of this, and now I want to pay for Peacock so I can finish the series…
- Windy City Rehab on YouTube TV. Donovan totally screwed Alison over on their business and the new season gets into that drama. It is captivating to me, because I used to live in Chicago and I recognize the locations, but if you are new to the series, start with Season 1.
- American Barbecue Showdown on Netflix. Ok, suuuuuper random but I LOVED THIS. I got really into it. So much to the point that I ordered BBQ from a local place. It was sub-par compared to this show.
- Love It or List it on YouTube TV. I watched about 40 episodes of LIOLI (is that a real acronym?). Got SUPER into it and made it a game with my bf – will they love it or list it? We were generally wrong, because the homeowners always make the weirdest choices. This will keep you occupied for hours.
- Insane Pools: Off The Deep End. Got really into the thought of putting a pool in my backyard and hooked on this show. Lucas Lagoons has now inspired me to add multiple grottos to my future pool. Very entertaining.
- Dash & Lily on Netflix. Two teenagers who “hate” Christmas come together when one of them leaves a notebook at their “favorite” bookstore and the other finds it. Sooo cheesy, but very entertaining. Predictable as can be.
- Emily in Paris on Netflix. Emily travels to Paris to work in Marketing/PR. LOL – it is not what I do at work, let’s just say that. Had mixed opinions. Still would watch some episodes again. And they’re making a second season. Soooo I’ll be watching and waiting for that. You could prepare by watching the first!
- Moneyball on Netflix. If you haven’t seen this movie, I really enjoyed it for a movie night in with my boyfriend! Jonah Hill in his early days.
- Holidate on Netflix. You can’t not enjoy this little started-with-terrible-family-Christmases debacle.
- Love Life on HBO Max. One of my favorite bloggers, Grace Atwood, recommended this series and it was SO GOOD. It’s a feel-good show with Anna Kendrick, a young 20-something professional living in NY and navigating her dating life. 10/10 recommend.
- The Mandelorian on Disney+. Definitely something you might think I wouldn’t like, but SO good. Even if you aren’t into Star Wars, I think you can understand/get into this. The storyline is great – this Mandalorian “hunter” is trying to protect Baby Yoda. You will understand the Baby Yoda gifs and memes after watching, too. (big bonus, lol)
- The Morning Show on Apple TV. If you haven’t already seen this, add it to the very top of your list! There’s a reason it has won awards and is ranked so highly. Jennifer Aniston and Reese Witherspoon. That is all.
Happy streaming! I hope you aren’t quarantined for sickness reasons; however, if you are, I hope this helps you/brings you a little bit of joy.