December Monthly Recap
Sharing a December monthly recap – all the gifts I received, movies I saw, my favorite posts, and more!
Favorite Christmas Gifts:
- This YETI mug is one of my favorite gifts from my parents! I’ll be honest, I went with them to Scheels to pick it out, but I was still so excited when I opened it!
- My brother got me the Reese Witherspoon cookbook and I’m looking forward to reading it and trying a few of her favorite recipes.
- I got this SUPER cozy bathrobe from my roommate Jennie and I can’t stop wearing it around the house.
- I’ve had my eye on this Wrigley Field print forever and it was gifted to me this year!
3 Items In My Shopping Cart:
- This Summer Fridays X OUAI kit is calling my name. It’s a hair masque, a face mask, and one of those spa headbands (Since getting a facial last month I’m like, I need one). It’s also only $22, which is a steal because the mask itself is usually over $50.
- TAN LUXE Drops. Do these work? Someone LMK 🙂
- I’m hosting a Galentines Brunch in early February and this skirt would be perfect to host in!
Where I Traveled/Ate:
I spent Christmas in Pierce, NE with my grandparents, and it was nice day getaway. Aside from there, I traveled to Wayne for a girl’s holiday sleepover – all about Christmas PJ’s and cocoa bars!
I ate at Railcar for brunch with a group of my best college gals, and you all know that’s one of my favorite spots! I had my first Eggs Benedict. I can’t believe I waited until age 25 to try one!
I also ate at Mula and then went to the karaoke bar in Omaha’s Blackstone District with a group of girls. I LOVED Mula’s margaritas.
Movies I Saw:
In February my MoviePass lapses and I’m not mad about it. I haven’t utilized it lately. I saw one movie, Second Act, and I didn’t even use the pass, as the movie wasn’t available on it. Do any of you use AMC’s Movie Subscription Service?
Netflix/Hulu Series I Watched:
On Netflix, I finished Schitt’s Creek. Again, it’s easy to watch, funny and episodes are only 20 minutes!
I joined the crew obsessed with Bird Box! I found it really interesting, and I liked it more than A Quiet Place, which I saw in theaters. I need to start Black Mirror and their new “choose your own adventure” thing.
On Hulu, I revived my love for Law & Order SUV and Master Chef. I went through three seasons of Master Chef! I love cooking competition shows.
Lifesize 2 is on Hulu and it was…weird. I didn’t find it appropriate for teens, but more of a throwback for those in their 20’s who used to love the original movie.
Favorite Blog Posts of the Month on Margaret Paige:
Favorite Posts of the Month:
23 Ways to Get Your Act Slash Life Together ASAP – Brighton The Day
20 Whole30 Recipes to Meal Prep This Week – The Every Girl (I really want that egg salad)
New Year, Same Me – The Basics
January brings a new year and a fresh mindset! I’m leaving Thursday morning for Utah hiking and I can’t wait. I’m also prepping for the above mentioned Galentine’s Brunch 🙂