Statistics show only 8% of people ACTUALLY complete their New Year’s resolutions. The probability that you’ll even make goals is 50-50. Today I’m sharing resolutions to stick with and a work top you need to show up in the office wearing in 2018.
Welcome, 2018! I’ve been preparing for this day since December 4th when I got my goal planner. I somewhat hated titling this post “resolutions” though, because that has such a negative connotation. The statistics that you’ll actually complete your resolutions are not in your favor – only 8% of people do. So, let’s call them something else. Let’s reiterate that they are goals.
Because the probability of success goes up when you write your goals down, I started with two blank pages in a notebook – a left and right side. On the left side, I wrote down all of my ideas. On the right side, I cleaned it up a bit and listed 10 2018 goals.
With the help of that planner (sorry for obsessing over it – #notsorry), I conquered this in categories. I’ve found I need to focus on five categories this year:
finance, faith, work, fitness & health, and friendship
I’m sharing a few resolutions to stick to below that I think you’ll relate to.
- I’ve had multiple friends ask me about budgeting lately. I’d like to say I’m good at it or I go off a list but really, I’m just a numbers person. My brain can remember dates and numbers well, so although I do write everything out monthly that I have to pay, I just kind of do all the math in my head. I know when my bills are due (if they aren’t on autopay), and I can calculate in my head what I’ll have left for each section of spending. My main finance goals are to decrease my debt and increase my savings.
1. This year, I’m focusing on me. This is my main goal – saying no to always going out and doing something and saying yes to staying in/bettering myself.
2. I want to use my gym membership 150x/year.
3. I am NOT a morning person, but I strive to be. I’m trying to wake up earlier – by 6:15a.m.
1. Stick to my lent goals. I don’t know what that will be yet, but this is some really positive, premature thinking!
- I’ve still never been to another country, and that was a goal for 2017 I didn’t check off. I am headed to Canada this year for sure, but hope to make it to more than one country!
What are your 2018 goals? If you haven’t found a goal planner yet, check out my post here with recommendations.