I’m not spending my New Year’s Eve doing anything crazy, so I wanted to find something comfy and cute to wear. I’m sharing a casual NYE outfit below.
I can’t believe I’m about to use the word 2018 in a sentence! 2017 was here and gone quicker than I anticipated. I sat down with my goal planner before Christmas and realized I actually did more than I thought. In 2017 I:
- Continued to LOVE my job, which if you know me, my career and work is #1, always
- Bought a house!
- Grew closer to my friends, parents and grandparents (Stopping RIGHT here to call my grandma actually. Thanks for the reminder, blog post!)
- Re-joined my church and started helping with 7th & 8th graders preparing for confirmation
- Traveled to Dallas, Seattle, Minnesota, Las Vegas and the Ozarks
- Spent the year bonding with my mentee for Teammates, one of the most rewarding things I could have done
- Paid off 3 credit cards
- Did not get any new credit cards (LOL)
- Paid entirely for my own insurance, car title/tags, medical bills, etc. Being 24, I consider these to be steps I am proud to take.
- Read 20 books
- Got my concealed carry license
- Grew my blog for 12 months!
I’m excited to see where next year takes me! It’s starting out in such a random place: Wayne, Nebraska. One of my best friend’s boyfriend lives there and is having people over. I figured with the location, a dress or skirt was too much, so I opted for this cute gold velvet top. It’s currently 50% off and the perfect piece to ring in 2018 and complete my casual NYE outfit. It’s the same fit as the black & maroon ones I purchased previously and can also be tucked into a black skirt for business wear later.
I, again, paired this top for a casual NYE outfit with my black OTK boots ( which are so much more versatile than I originally planned). I wear this long cardigan for work ALL THE TIME, because it’s so cozy and the fabric doesn’t pill. I didn’t anticipate I’d wear it with anything dressy, but it’s great with all of my tanks!
What are your new year’s plans & goals? I’m so ready to dive into 2018 IN A WEEK! Have a very, Merry Christmas with your family today! Thank you for reading!!
*Photos by Libby Schere