Normally when I think about lists, I think about bucket lists, goals or groceries. It’s not often that I’m inspired by something in numerical order. Today I wanted to share 8 things to do this September that won’t cost you more than $5 (actually, you could MAKE money or learn to make money…) and can benefit you and your community!
8 Things To Do This September
- Start a new book. I’m reading Girl Code (as inspired by Kylie) and it’s motivational and makes me change how I think about female entrepreneurs.
- Take the changing of the seasons as an opportunity to purge some of the items you don’t currently wear. I read a stat about how if you haven’t worn something in the last 6 months, you won’t wear it again. I say with Nebraska’s changing weather this is more like 10 months, but it’s a good thought process to have when approaching your closet. I’m planning on having a garage sale after I move in, selling items on Postmark, and donating to my local Goodwill/Salvation Army.
- Start your Christmas list/budget. With 3 months to go, it’s time to start saving for gift giving!
- Support a local business that you’ve never been to before. I noticed my hometown, Fremont, created a new pop-up greenspace that’s only here for September. Grab a cup of coffee from Milady and relax outside!
- Sunday is Grandparent’s Day – show your grandparents some love 🙂
- Take a SkillShare course – learn some knowledge online about whatever interests you – calligraphy, web design, email marketing, photography, cooking…
- Download a new podcast. I love S*Town or Becoming Fearless by Style Collective.
- Lastly donate blood to the American Red Cross in lieu of Hurricane Harvey Relief. Find your local donation center here! This may seem small, but it’s a way we can help from afar.
Have a great rest of your week! I have tomorrow off to close on my house and I’m so excited! I plan on spending the weekend cleaning, painting and getting rolling on some renovation! Be sure to view my Instagram stories to see what projects I’m tackling!