This month I celebrated one year of being at my current Marketing job! I absolutely love where I’m at and Nebraska, but it led to some reminiscing about where I was at before, in Chicago. I drafted a list of things I miss and wanted to share it with you today.
20 Things I Miss About Chicago
- Never being bored. Always having something to do!
- Being able to order food delivery from literally any restaurant in the city, whenever I wanted. Shoutout to Grubhub, you were my fave!
- Hanging out on rooftops
- Brunch. Chicago brunch was the best-especially Cafe Babareeba
- Being close to my best friend in Milwaukee
- Living 8 blocks from Wrigleyfield and hearing the mayhem every time there was a game
- From there, Wrigleyville rooftops during games.
- Sluggers. You can’t not miss Sluggers.
- More food: the restaurants. Rocks. Topo Gigio.
- On that note, the homemade cookies at the weird grocery store I lived down the street from, Treasure Island.
- Biking down Lakeshore Drive from Belmont to the pier
- More shopping than I needed. Nordstrom bill, I don’t miss you. Fashion Outlets of Chicago, I miss you. Did you know there is a Lululemon outlet?!
- Re-discovering my love for fashion and then, trying to afford that fashion. I used Rocksbox for 6 months and LOVED to get new accessories to make it look like I could afford expensive jewelry (get a month free with code mpronspiesxoxo).
- Being forced out of my comfort zone. This was a huge thing for me.
- Seeing all the dogs. Everyone had a dog.
- North Ave Beach in the summer
- The Tri Delta Loop Group. Those gals were a great welcome to the city!
- All of the cool walkups. I loved driving to Pure Barre and seeing the houses a few streets away in Lakeview East.
- Street Fairs. Every neighborhood had some event!
- My cute little apartment on Stratford Place. However, I can’t wait for my new house! I announced my big news in this post.
What I don’t miss, though, are the days I came home way too stressed from work, the hometown friends I missed daily, and my small town life. I thank God I was blessed with a great career opportunity in Nebraska. I had such a learning experience living in Chicago though, and I loved every second of exploring the city with the great friends I made there!