Ah, Thursday. Thank you for existing. Thursdays are more of a relaxed day as you know the rest of the week is coming. Thursday is one of my favorite days. Last night my friend Jena texted me suggesting we do “fall things”, so we’re off to a pack a car full of girls & go to a drive-in scary movie. This was one of the things on my 101 in 1001 bucket list (to be explained at a later date), so I’m excited to cross it off!
With that being said, I wanted to share my top 5 Nebraska Fall things. There are TONS of things to do here as harvest is going on and it’s one of my favorite times to just hang out with girlfriends because a lot of their significant others are out harvesting until late!
- Haunted Houses. Do other cities have these? When I lived in Chicago I didn’t see any. Omaha is home to so many fun haunted houses! I started going with my friends in (honestly) 6th grade & we’ve kept up the tradition until age 23. My favorite is Haunted Hallow because they have bonfires, a hayrack and multiple scary attractions.
- Fontanelle Forest. Corn maze, bonfires and you can bring in drinks – need I say more?
- Walks through leaves. If you haven’t ever walked or drove through Dundee or Happy Hollow, it’s gorgeous. I’ve never seen so many homes decorated for fall.
- Vala’s Pumpkin Patch. I couldn’t not throw that on this list. If you aren’t from Nebraska, it’s worth a trip.
- Husker football! This is where this shirt comes in handy. Until tonight, if you visit my Instagram & find the picture of me in this shirt, you can enter to win the same shirt & necklace from Mainstream Boutique in Omaha!
Thanks for reading!