TGIF, friends! This week DRUG on.
All I wanted to do last night (after a happy hour with my friend Jena of course) was throw on comfy sweats and curl up in bed watching old Gilmore Girls episodes. It was a successful evening 😉 My roommate Taylor & I are trying to see how long we can go without turning the heat on. My bet is November…It’s starting to get chilly!
On Wednesday night I went to drinks with my friend Jessica at Paragon in Dundee (10/10 recommend!) and we shot this look before. I’ve been a follower of the top trend with a band across your neck. I think it’s flattering and a fun little detail. Jessica was telling me girls are going as far as to cut V’s in their t-shirts to look like this. If you’re crafty, you do you girl!
I wanted to pair this top for a dressier look with over the knee (OTK) boots! I stopped into Von Maur shopping for boots, too, but I couldn’t justify spending over $200 on a pair if I wasn’t going to wear them more than one season. I found these Dolce Vita boots at Target, actually! I was very impressed with the hard suede quality. Most of my Nordstrom booties are Dolce Vita so I love that they have a Target line!
My main concern with these boots was that they were going to be too tall for short girls…
My fashion tricks for shorter girls:
- Wear as many pointy toed shoes as you can. These elongate your legs. Pointed toed booties are the best and give you height. My favorite winter booties are these.
- “Take up as much space as you can”. AKA if you get the chance to wear heels, do it. If you think you can’t rock the OTK boots, I’m 5’2″…you can. Because they have such a heel (I’d say these are 3&1/2 inch), they actually elongate your legs and they don’t look too crazy!
- Avoid flare jeans. I saw they’re coming back… I’m avoiding that trend. These make you look wider on the bottom. A slim fit will make you look longer – stick with the skinny jeans!
- V-necks & scoop necks make you look taller, so go for this new trend with the cutout top & band like the shirt above!
- Don’t wear big prints. They will overcome you!
Do you have any tips and tricks for those of us under 5’4″?! Enjoy your weekend! What are your plans? I’m always looking for a new wine bar or happy hour spot!