I took my first real cycling class in March 2017. I know this because I wrote a post about it! I never would have guessed that two years later, I’d love it so much I’d purchase a Peloton Bike. After one month with my bike, I wrote this review.
I still love the same things about the bike I mentioned in that post – the convenience, the ability to take live or pre-recorded classes with motivating instructors, and quality of the actual piece of equipment – it’s SO quiet! After six months, I wrote yet another review here. That post was in October 2019, so it felt like a year later, I needed to update it!
If you’re interested in knowing more about the actual bike, I cover that here, in my post, “Why I’m Keeping My Original Peloton Bike and Not Upgrading to the Peloton+ Bike” from October 2020.
So, let’s get into it. You’re either contemplating purchasing a bike or you have one already. If you’re contemplating, to get $100 off your Peloton purchase, you can use my referral code of THFUJ6. After 200 Peloton rides, here are my workout recommendations:
My Favorite Peloton Rides
This covers a wide variety of fun rides that you definitely have to try! I base my best rides off of difficulty, music selection and motivation. I need an instructor who keeps me “in the ride” the entire time and puts me in a good mindset.
- Alex Toussaint’s 30 min The Last Dance Ride from 5/16/20 – If you’re a basketball fan, THIS!
- Ally Love’s Sundays with Love 30-minute classes. All of them. I do them every Sunday or the following Monday/Tuesday. It’s similar to her prior “Feel Good” rides and that’s what got me hooked on Ally’s classes.
- Ally Love’s 5 minute Warm Up Ride from 11/23/19
- Ally Love’s 20 minute Best of the Decade Ride from 12/30/19
- Cody Rigsby’s 10 Minute Britney Spears Warm-up Ride from 7/15/20
- Cody Rigsby’s 30 Minute XOXO Cody from 9/10/20 – It’s back-to-school edition and I was cracking up.
- Cody Rigsby’s 30 Minute XOXO Cody from 1/22/20 – This was my highest 30 minute output class, so I had to add it to this list. It’s got Britney, NYSNC, and BSB. Need I say more, Millennials?
- Cody Rigsby’s 30 minute Best of the Decade Ride from 12/27/19
- Cody Rigsby’s 30 Minute Backstreet Boys Ride from 5/17/19 – This one’s a given and EVERYONE raves about it. Bring back the Millennial album, Cody.
- Emma Lovewell’s 30 Minute Coldplay Ride from 11/21/19 – Not my usual favorite instructor but loved it.
- Jenn Sherman’s 60 Minute Football Pregame Ride from 10/1/19 – This will, of course, get you ready for football season.
- Matt Wilper’s 30 Minute The Chainsmokers Ride from 8/29/19 – I am a big EDM lover (Jess King actually does a lot of EDM) and a big Matt fan. He’ll push you and make you sweat.
- Olivia Amato’s 20 Minute 2000s Ride from 5/29/20
- Robin Arzon’s 30 Minute Lizzo Ride from 8/2/19 – Lizzo, need I say more? HYPE ME UP.
My Favorite Power Zone Rides
At the beginning of 2020, I started Power Zone Training and joined a Power Zone Facebook competition with Peloton riders all over the world. Power Zone Pack (see the Facebook page here) puts on quarterly challenges that give you weekly ride schedules. You’re grouped into teams and obtain points by completing rides and recording them on the Facebook page. If you’re a current Peloton rider, you may now realize that’s why you see some leaderboard tags of #PZPack or many riders with the same display image – it’s for their Power Zone group.
PZ Training is a great way to hold yourself accountable and challenge your body. It’s, “a method of fitness training designed to have you working at seven different levels (or zones) of exertion.” You can start by taking the FTP Test (a class) and defining your “zones.” This will all make more sense if you read Peloton’s PZ FAQ blog post. Here are my personal favorite Power Zone rides.
- Olivia Amato’s 45 Minute Power Zone Ride from 3/17/20 – My highest output yet for a ride. Olivia is a super challenging PZ instructor and I’m so happy Peloton added her to this program earlier this year.
- Matt Wilper’s 60 Minute PZ Endurance ride from 7/13/19 – My first 60 minute PZ ride. Might have died, but it was SUCH a good workout.
- Matt Wilper’s 45 Minute PZ Ride from 11/13/17 – Taking it back, but worth it!
- Matt Wilper’s 45 Minute PZ Ride from 10/3/19 – Close to a PR for me! This is a hard one.
Peloton Bike Boot Camp Recommendations
- Cody Rigsby’s 30 min Bike Bootcamp: Core from 9/22/20
- Cody Rigsby’s 30 min Bike Bootcamp: Bodyweight from 9/15/20
- Robin Arzon’s 30 min Bike Bootcamp: Full Body from 9/15/20
So, after 200 Peloton rides, I’ve found so many great ones – for fun, for training, or even for strength with the bootcamp mix! If you have any questions, let me know in the comment section, or make suggestions!
To get $100 off your Peloton purchase, you can use my referral code of THFUJ6. Pin the image below for later!